As the sponsor of the Education and Training in Patient Safety Award, which acknowledges the important role technology and online training plays in the healthcare sector, Virtual College was on the panel which met to judge the entries for this award.
The shortlisted entries for the award are:
- Haelo: Improvement Science for Academics (IS4Ac)
- Kingston Hospital Foundation Trust: Training in cardiotocography to improve birth outcomes
- London Ambulance Service Trust: Dementia Care Matters in the Ambulance Service
- NHS Lothian: Educating the entire theatre team in safer airway management
- Royal United Hospitals Bath Foundation Trust: 'Tea trolley' training programme: a novel approach to multidisciplinary training in the workplace
- Sheffield Teaching Hospitals Foundation Trust: New training for incident review within the Combined Community and Acute Care Group of STHFT
- University of Huddersfield: Tissue Viability Leading Change: National Competency Framework
- West Midlands Academic Health Science Network : Learning from Excellence
- Whiston Hospital: Attitudes to and effectiveness of prescribing error feedback in an acute hospital setting.
- York Teaching Hospital Foundation Trust: Foundations in Patient Safety and Quality - developing awareness of and engagement in patient safety and improvement
- Judith Clarkson, director of Virtual College, will announce the winner at the inspirational evening awards ceremony which will take place on the 4th July.